Sports Injury Treatment from our Charleston and Summerville Chiropractor
At Advanced Spinal Care, we work with athletes from all backgrounds and skill levels. Athletes are an interesting group of people—deeply motivated and to get back to their sport of choice, and interested in the holistic, drug-free services we offer. Our Charleston and Summerville chiropractor is confident that we can help you recover from or even prevent a future injury so you can get back to playing the sport you love.
Common Types Sports Injuries
We see a lot of sports related injuries in our clinic, including:
- Muscle strains and spasms
- Joint dislocations
- Whiplash and concussions
- Ligament sprains and ruptures
- Disc herniations and disc bulges
- Tendonitis (especially at the shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle)
- Shin splints
- Plantar fasciitis
Symptoms of a sports injury vary depending on how acute or chronic it is. Our patients often report pain with movement and at rest, swelling and tenderness, reduced range of motion, and weakness.
How Our Chiropractor Treats & Prevents Sports Injuries
A sports injury can befall the novice athlete or the elite performer. Many different factors come into play, including hydration, nutrition, technique, equipment, recovery, training history, and posture. By teasing out these factors and providing an accurate diagnosis, our chiropractor in Charleston and Summerville can accelerate your recovery and give you faster relief from your symptoms.
The following services are a few of the most effective ones we provide for our athletic patients:
- Spinal adjustments: realign your spinal joints, relieve pressure on the nervous system and restore normal mobility
- Corrective exercises and stretches: customized exercises can heal injured tissues, reduce swelling, and increase your flexibility, strength, endurance, and joint mechanics
- Dry needling: this non-acupuncture method relieves tension deep in your muscle fibers, providing fast relief from achiness, spasms, and reflexive muscle guarding
- Massage therapy: stimulate healing circulation that helps control inflammation and triggers tissue healing
- Nutritional and lifestyle counseling: learn better ways to eat and move which will accelerate healing and even prevent injuries in the first place
In a nod to one of our state's favorite pastimes, we even offer a unique golf program to protect the spinal health of golfers and help them keep shooting under par!
Contact Our Charleston and Summerville Chiropractor for Sports Injury Treatment and Prevention
No matter what your sport of choice is and what your current level is, our Charleston and Summerville chiropractor is here to help you reduce your risk of injuries, heal them quickly if they happen, and help you function closer to your athletic potential. Contact Advanced Spinal Care now by calling (843) 573-9333 or make your appointment online.